This topic describes how the scholarship of teaching at learning emerged with the academy, and how the pursuit of SoTL relates to good teaching. This topic describes research, how to develop a SoTL research question, and common research methodologies for SoTL. In this lesson, we will identify and explain the steps of SoTL research.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Explain how SoTL emerged and how it related to good teaching.
- Identify four general views of scholarship as proposed by Boyer.
- Define F.I.N.E.R. as it relates to evaluating of research questions.
- Develop a SoTL research question and explore options for an effective methodology to answer your question.
- Identify steps in a SoTL research project.
- Design your own SoTL question.
- Implement preliminary steps to do SoTL research at WesternU.